Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Merry Christmas...it's been a while

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas...it's been a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    What are your impressions of those Fostex tweeters ? I never heard them before.
    The best compression tweeters I had heard before these were the ev t350 super tweeters.
    The general impression is that they are very fast, very clean and just easily take the load off the altec horns,
    letting them do what they do best. I still have a pair of magnepans with their beautiful sounding ribbon tweeters.
    Heck the hi end of all three of these mentioned was/is a joy to listen to.

    But the Fostex is serious kit, bordering on perfection...
    The upside to these tweeters was how well I could place them on the horn and maintain
    the aural focus of the point source I was interested in replicating. That's why I wish I had a larger room. It will only get better...in the right room.

  2. #2
    HB Super Moderator
    Merry Christmas...it's been a while


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas...it's been a while

    Looking forward to it Marty !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.